Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Won the Lottery!


...Along with about 350 others. We all collect our lottery winnings on May 2nd at Miwok 100K! When I entered the lottery, I thought for sure I would not get in. And in all honesty, I hadn't really thought that much about it after I signed up. Early Saturday morning I get a text, then another text saying...'WE ALL GOT IN!'. WooHoo. . . . .

So now, it's time to focus. I have a concrete goal that's set in motion and I'm devising a plan to get me ready.
Jess has been amazing at kicking my butt in these "WODS" she learns at Crossfit. They are real confidence builders..
The other day I did not think I would finish the WOD. Among other things, there was 50 pull ups. Mind you, these are assisted. After about 20, I thought I would never be able to do 30 more. And that was only the first of many 50 of this or that. But I made it through and although I could not lift my arms the next day, I had built my confidence up way more than any muscle. I think these kinds of workouts, the spin class and running more miles will set me up quite nicely for Miwok. I'm very excited.

Now I have to decide if I will do Cascade Crest 100......um....WW8BS?

No comments: